I received a subpoena to come to court. What do I do now?
You will have to attend the court hearing on the scheduled date. Your son/daughter will need an attorney to represent him/her. If you cannot afford to hire a private attorney, you will have to fill out a financial affidavit at the court hearing. The Presiding Judge will inform you at that hearing whether you will have to hire a private attorney or if the Public Defender will be appointed to represent your child. You may still be obligated to pay all or part of the fees for the Public Defender.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I find out how many hours of Public or Community Service I have left?
2. What is the difference between parole and probation?
3. Where do I pay my traffic tickets and court-ordered fees?
4. Where can I park while visiting the Juvenile Court?
5. How do I contact the Juvenile Public Defender’s Office?
6. How do I contact the Juvenile States Attorney’s Office?
7. How do I contact the Juvenile Detention Center?
8. Where are the Juvenile Probation/Detention Services offices located?
9. What hours are you open?
10. My child is a runaway and or truant. Can they go to Juvenile Court for this?
11. I received a subpoena to come to court. What do I do now?
12. What is a preliminary conference? Do I need a lawyer for a conference?
13. How can the juvenile records be expunged or erased?
14. How much do I have to pay if my child gets involved in the Court System?
15. Can I have a copy of the police report?
16. How do I get my child admitted to the Detention Center?
17. How long does my child stay in the Detention Center?
18. Do you offer tours of the Detention Center?
19. Do the kids in the Detention Center attend school? Do they attend in the community?
20. Can parents bring clothes and other items to the detention center?
21. Can I bring my child to the Detention Center to scare him/her?
22. Can you recommend an attorney?