How Do I Get My Money If I Win?

Ver esta página en Español

If Judgment is entered in favor of the plaintiff or the counter-plaintiff for all or a part of the amount claimed, that amount is payable at once and interest begins accruing immediately at the rate of 9% per year. If the losing party (now called the Judgment Debtor) does not pay the Judgment within 30 days, the winning party (now called the Judgment Creditor) may begin legal collection proceedings.

If you decide to begin collection proceedings to enforce your Judgment on your own, you can pick up the Common Collection Sheet from the Circuit Clerk’s office or online at the Lake County Circuit Clerk’s website. Remember, the clerk cannot give you legal advice. Since this area of the law is complex, you may well consider retaining a lawyer to represent you.