Where Do I Start a Small Claims Case?

Ver esta página en Español

If you have determined that Lake County is the proper place to file your claim, obtain and complete the forms to file a Small Claims court action. You can obtain the forms at the Small Claims Division of the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court on the lower level of the Annex Building of the Lake County Courthouse, 18 North County Street, Waukegan, Illinois, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Small Claims forms may also be picked up at the Center for Self-Representation located in the William D. Block Memorial Law Library. The law library is in the main lobby of the County Courthouse and Administration Building, 18 North County Street, Waukegan, Illinois.

Small Claims forms may also be printed from the Lake County Circuit Clerk’s website: http://www.lakecountycircuitclerk.org.