State of Illinois Seal
19th Judicial Circuit Court ofLake County, Illinois
Skip Navigation Links
Home
For Attorneys
For Jurors
For Educators
For the Media
Site Map
Accessibility
Find it Quick  |  FAQ's  |  Our Organization  |  Services & Programs  |  Resources  |  Court Calendars
 
 
 
 

      Find it Quick

 
 
19th Judicial Circuit > Find it Quick > Pictorial History of our Courthouse
 

Historical Pictures of Lake County, Illinois Courthouse

The 1841 Courthouse and Recorder's Office 
This first Courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1875.  Waukegan, Illinois

(Photo circa 1870) 
(Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Early Employees of the Court
First row: Mary Dorsett, George Chandler, Lewis Dorsett (County Clerk 1877-1893), Judge Francis Clark (1879-1894), Ada Kinnie, Jennie Thomas. Back row: Geo Hutchingson, James Jamieson, A. L. Hendee (County Clerk 1893-1910), Andrew Conard

(Photo circa 1890)
(Many thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Tom Sisolak of Fort Worth, TX in helping to identify the year and unknown members pictured above.)
(Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)
 

Postcard of Lake County Courthouse (1906)

Second Courthouse looking southwest (1949)

Second Courthouse, Waukegan, Illinois
Looking to the west.
 

(Photo circa 1906 postcard)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Second Courthouse, Waukegan, Illinois
Looking to the southwest after a recent snow.

(Photo circa 1949 by James McNeany)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Second Courthouse looking northeast (1949)

Second Lake County Courthouse

Second Courthouse and Jail, Waukegan, Illinois
Looking to the northeast after a recent snow from the hotel.

(Photo circa 1949)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Second Courthouse and Jail, Waukegan, Illinois
Completed in 1878, this courthouse and tree-lined square served the citizens of Lake County for 90 years

(Photo circa 1950)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Lake County Courtroom (June 1951)

Second and Third Lake County Courthouse

Inside to Second Courthouse, Waukegan, Illinois
Courtroom proceedings from June 1951. Judge Ralph Dady presiding.

(Photo circa 1950)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Second and Third Courthouses, Waukegan Illinois
The 1878 courthouse, minus the clock tower, standing side-by-side with the current international style courthouse

(Photo circa January, 1968)
( Photo courtesy of Lake County, Illinois Museum/Regional History Archives)

Northeast Entrance

Washington Street Entrance

The Lake County Administration Building and County Courthouse
The courthouse moved from the 1968 Courts and Administration building into the new courthouse section in 1970. This area housed sixteen courtrooms, court administration and the Circuit Clerk of the Court.  Additionally, the Jail was built on the back of the complex at the corner of Utica and Washington. 

(Photo circa 2001)

The Lake County Administration, Courthouse and Court Annex Buildings
  The Court Annex (previously the jail) was renovated and completed in 1998, adding six additional courtrooms and a large jury assembly room. The Circuit Clerk of the Court moved into the lower level of the Annex in 1997.

(Photo circa 2001)

Old Adult Probation Office

Juvenile Justice Complex (fm old entrance & sign)

Adult Probation and Psychological Services and Public Defender's Office
Previously located at 15 South County Street, Waukegan, IL. Formerly the Chicago Title Company, the county renovated it and moved-in in October 1994.

(Photo circa 1999)
(Adult Probation moved to the new building at 215 W Water Street in September 2007.)

Robert W. Depke Juvenile Justice Complex and Minard E. Hulse Juvenile Detention Center
Located at 24647 North Milwaukee Avenue, Vernon Hills, Illinois. Formerly the Lutheran General Hospital, the county renovated it and moved-in in 1997.

(Photo circa 1999)

Old Lakehurst Branch Court

Old Grayslake Branch Court

Lake County Traffic Branch Court A & B
430 Lakehurst Road, Waukegan, IL.

(Photo circa 1999)
(Closed in September 2008, call moved to the Park City Branch Court.)

Lake County Traffic Branch Court C
1854 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake, IL.

(Photo circa 1999)
(Closed in 2005, call moved to the North Branch Court.)

Mundelein Branch Court

North Branch Court, Round Lake Beach, IL

South Branch Court, Mundelein
105 E. State Route 83 (SR83), (Hwys. 83/60 and Diamond Lake Road), Mundelein, IL

(Photo circa 2003)

North Branch Court, Round Lake Beach
1792 Nicole Lane, Round Lake Beach, IL

(Photo circa 2005)

215 W Water St

Park City Branch Court

Lake County Adult Probation and Psychological Services Building
215 West Water Street, Waukegan, Illinois

(Photo circa 2007)

Park City Branch Court
301 S. Greenleaf Avenue, Park City, IL

(Photo circa 2008)

For a more complete History of the Lake County Court facilities - Click here

     
 
     © 2013 Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court. All rights reserved. | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Contact Us | Accessibility Accommodations Accessibility Accommodations