Psychological Services is a division of the Administrative Office of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit committed to make available the highest quality of diagnostic and treatment services to clients.
The Psychological Services Division is unique as most counties in Illinois contract out for the services that we provide in-house to the Court. The division is comprised of sixteen dedicated employees, working at both juvenile and adult campuses in Lake County. Approximately 500 psychological evaluations are completed annually for Court as well as individual and group therapeutic services provided to adult and juvenile probation clients.
Please note, the Division of Psychological Services does not provide assessments or services for family/civil court or non-court involved clients.
The Psychological Services Division provides a wide array of services to the Lake County Criminal Courts, Adult Probation Services, and Juvenile Probation Services including:
- Psychological and Fitness evaluations for the courts and probation
- Individual and family therapy for juvenile probationers
- Individual therapy for adult probationers
- Anger management groups and assessments for adult and juvenile probationers
- Parenting groups for adult probationers and for the families of juvenile probationers
- Specialized therapy/peer groups, e.g., Women FIRST and Seeking Safety
- Psychotherapeutic clinical services for adolescent males in residential treatment and their families
- Jury Stress Program
- Doctoral Practicum Training Program
Psychological Services works to educate probation staff on psychological, substance abuse and resource issues relevant to the rehabilitation of probationers. We also monitor and coordinate contractual services provided by community treatment agencies for individuals on probation.
Lake County Psychological Services follows ACEPT protocols for ACEPT schools; Non-ACEPT students may also apply. Students wishing to apply for our doctoral practicum should send the following documents to Amy Weltlich, Executive Assistant at email@example.com :
- Application (including signed consent and waiver forms)
- A Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Writing Sample (Redacted psychological evaluation or testing report preferred; Case conceptualization acceptable)
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation (may be submitted separately)
Further inquiries regarding our practicum may be directed to our executive assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.